Inmate may be involved in OJ case: Documentary
Tampa (Florida): A documentary about an inmate on Florida`s death row says the convicted killer might have been involved in the 1994 murder of O J Simpson`s ex-wife and her friend, a case that was called "the trial of the century" in the US.
The Investigation Discovery show, "My Brother the Serial Killer," will air tomorrow. The film is a look at Glen Rogers, who was convicted by a Florida jury in 1997 for killing a woman. Rogers was also convicted of murder in California and is a suspect in homicides in several other states.
Rogers met Nicole Brown Simpson in 1994 when he was living in California, his family says in the documentary.
A criminal profiler in the film says he received paintings by Rogers with clues possibly linking him to the murders of Simpson`s ex-wife and her friend, Ronald Goldman.
Simpson, a former professional football star, was accused in those killings, but his trial in Los Angeles ended with his acquittal in 1995.
Much of the documentary is narrated by Rogers` brother, Clay Rogers, who used to rob homes with Glen Rogers as a teen but in 1993 called police on his brother after finding a body at the family`s Kentucky cabin.
Clay Rogers said that in 1994, his brother told him about meeting Nicole Brown Simpson.
"They`ve got money, they`re well off and I`m taking her down," Clay Rogers recalls Glen Rogers saying.
Other family members also said Glen Rogers talked about meeting Simpson`s ex-wife.
In a statement, Goldman`s sister criticised the new documentary.
"I am appalled at the level of irresponsibility demonstrated by the network and the producers of this so-called documentary," Kim Goldman said. "This is the first time we are hearing about this story, and considering that their `main character,` Glen Rodgers, confessed to stabbing my brother and Nicole to death, you would think we would be in the loop."
Simpson is currently serving a prison sentence in Nevada after being convicted in 2008 of leading five men, including two with guns, in a September 2007 confrontation with two sports memorabilia dealers and a middleman at a Las Vegas casino-hotel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof