Inmates moved after bloody Venezuela prison riot
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuela`s top prisons official says authorities have finished evacuating inmates from a prison where 61 were reported killed in one of the country`s deadliest prison riots ever.
Penitentiary Service Minister Iris Varela says in a message on Twitter that the evacuation of Uribana prison in the city of Barquisimeto has finished.
She posted photos this morning of inmates filing out led by authorities.
The authorities have yet to provide an official death toll from the violence on Friday, which pitted armed inmates against National Guard troops.
Dr. Ruy Medina is director of Central Hospital in the city. He said on Saturday that the number of dead had risen to 61, and about 120 were wounded in the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report