Inmates moved after bloody Venezuela prison riot
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuela`s top prisons official says authorities have finished evacuating inmates from a prison where 61 were reported killed in one of the country`s deadliest prison riots ever.
Penitentiary Service Minister Iris Varela says in a message on Twitter that the evacuation of Uribana prison in the city of Barquisimeto has finished.
She posted photos this morning of inmates filing out led by authorities.
The authorities have yet to provide an official death toll from the violence on Friday, which pitted armed inmates against National Guard troops.
Dr. Ruy Medina is director of Central Hospital in the city. He said on Saturday that the number of dead had risen to 61, and about 120 were wounded in the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!