Inmates moved after bloody Venezuela prison riot
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuela`s top prisons official says authorities have finished evacuating inmates from a prison where 61 were reported killed in one of the country`s deadliest prison riots ever.
Penitentiary Service Minister Iris Varela says in a message on Twitter that the evacuation of Uribana prison in the city of Barquisimeto has finished.
She posted photos this morning of inmates filing out led by authorities.
The authorities have yet to provide an official death toll from the violence on Friday, which pitted armed inmates against National Guard troops.
Dr. Ruy Medina is director of Central Hospital in the city. He said on Saturday that the number of dead had risen to 61, and about 120 were wounded in the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- This is how you can try contouring at home! Watch video
- Here's how Modi govt plans to bring back Kohinoor from UK
- Lindsay Lohan's dad confirms it's 'baby on board' for her
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August