Inmates moved after bloody Venezuela prison riot
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuela`s top prisons official says authorities have finished evacuating inmates from a prison where 61 were reported killed in one of the country`s deadliest prison riots ever.
Penitentiary Service Minister Iris Varela says in a message on Twitter that the evacuation of Uribana prison in the city of Barquisimeto has finished.
She posted photos this morning of inmates filing out led by authorities.
The authorities have yet to provide an official death toll from the violence on Friday, which pitted armed inmates against National Guard troops.
Dr. Ruy Medina is director of Central Hospital in the city. He said on Saturday that the number of dead had risen to 61, and about 120 were wounded in the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you