Inmates moved after bloody Venezuela prison riot
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuela`s top prisons official says authorities have finished evacuating inmates from a prison where 61 were reported killed in one of the country`s deadliest prison riots ever.
Penitentiary Service Minister Iris Varela says in a message on Twitter that the evacuation of Uribana prison in the city of Barquisimeto has finished.
She posted photos this morning of inmates filing out led by authorities.
The authorities have yet to provide an official death toll from the violence on Friday, which pitted armed inmates against National Guard troops.
Dr. Ruy Medina is director of Central Hospital in the city. He said on Saturday that the number of dead had risen to 61, and about 120 were wounded in the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan in and as 'Sultan' grabs 'Fastest 5 Million' views—Watch here!
- New Afghan Taliban leader was compromise candidate: Sources
- South Korean couple to appeal court rejection of same-sex marriage
- Keep your body hydrated with lemon water this summer!
- Arvind Kejriwal's new claim: Centre spending over Rs 1000 crores on NDA's two-year bash