Innovative robbers set up fake ATM to loot people in China
Beijing: Robbers in China came up with a
novel method of looting people. They set up a fake ATM to
record banking details of unsuspecting customers and then used
these to make fraudulent withdrawals.
Robbers bought the ATM machine from a legitimate
manufacturer but only used it to dupe customers to reveal
their bank card details, China Daily reported.
The fake ATM machine was placed by the robbers in the
busy central part of the Chinese capital and advertised that
all major international credit cards were accepted.
But when the customer put his card in the machine it
showed error, even as all the banking details were swiped from
The thieves later duplicated the card details to empty
the savings of unsuspecting customers. A number of such
withdrawals running into hundreds of thousands of Yuan
happened, before police came alive to the tactics.
But even then no arrests have yet been made, the paper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill