Innovative robbers set up fake ATM to loot people in China
Beijing: Robbers in China came up with a
novel method of looting people. They set up a fake ATM to
record banking details of unsuspecting customers and then used
these to make fraudulent withdrawals.
Robbers bought the ATM machine from a legitimate
manufacturer but only used it to dupe customers to reveal
their bank card details, China Daily reported.
The fake ATM machine was placed by the robbers in the
busy central part of the Chinese capital and advertised that
all major international credit cards were accepted.
But when the customer put his card in the machine it
showed error, even as all the banking details were swiped from
The thieves later duplicated the card details to empty
the savings of unsuspecting customers. A number of such
withdrawals running into hundreds of thousands of Yuan
happened, before police came alive to the tactics.
But even then no arrests have yet been made, the paper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users