Innovative robbers set up fake ATM to loot people in China
Beijing: Robbers in China came up with a
novel method of looting people. They set up a fake ATM to
record banking details of unsuspecting customers and then used
these to make fraudulent withdrawals.
Robbers bought the ATM machine from a legitimate
manufacturer but only used it to dupe customers to reveal
their bank card details, China Daily reported.
The fake ATM machine was placed by the robbers in the
busy central part of the Chinese capital and advertised that
all major international credit cards were accepted.
But when the customer put his card in the machine it
showed error, even as all the banking details were swiped from
The thieves later duplicated the card details to empty
the savings of unsuspecting customers. A number of such
withdrawals running into hundreds of thousands of Yuan
happened, before police came alive to the tactics.
But even then no arrests have yet been made, the paper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?