Innovative robbers set up fake ATM to loot people in China
Beijing: Robbers in China came up with a
novel method of looting people. They set up a fake ATM to
record banking details of unsuspecting customers and then used
these to make fraudulent withdrawals.
Robbers bought the ATM machine from a legitimate
manufacturer but only used it to dupe customers to reveal
their bank card details, China Daily reported.
The fake ATM machine was placed by the robbers in the
busy central part of the Chinese capital and advertised that
all major international credit cards were accepted.
But when the customer put his card in the machine it
showed error, even as all the banking details were swiped from
The thieves later duplicated the card details to empty
the savings of unsuspecting customers. A number of such
withdrawals running into hundreds of thousands of Yuan
happened, before police came alive to the tactics.
But even then no arrests have yet been made, the paper
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report