Insurgent bombing in central Iraq kills 13 people
Baghdad: At least 13 people were killed and eight injured in separate bomb and gunfire attacks in Iraq on Thursday, said police.
In northern Iraq, three people were killed and six injured after an explosives-laden motorcycle was blown up near a primary school in Kirkuk city, some 250 km north of capital city of Baghdad, Xinhua quoted police as saying.
The powerful blast badly damaged the school and nearby buildings along with destroying several nearby civilian cars, said a source.
In a separate incident in eastern province of Diyala, a policeman and his brother were injured when some gunmen opened fire at their house, some 65 km northeast of Baghdad, said a police source.
Earlier in the day, a policeman and nine of his family members were killed when some gunmen bombed their house in Mussayab town, some 60 km south of Baghdad, said a police source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!