Insurgent bombing in central Iraq kills 13 people
Baghdad: At least 13 people were killed and eight injured in separate bomb and gunfire attacks in Iraq on Thursday, said police.
In northern Iraq, three people were killed and six injured after an explosives-laden motorcycle was blown up near a primary school in Kirkuk city, some 250 km north of capital city of Baghdad, Xinhua quoted police as saying.
The powerful blast badly damaged the school and nearby buildings along with destroying several nearby civilian cars, said a source.
In a separate incident in eastern province of Diyala, a policeman and his brother were injured when some gunmen opened fire at their house, some 65 km northeast of Baghdad, said a police source.
Earlier in the day, a policeman and nine of his family members were killed when some gunmen bombed their house in Mussayab town, some 60 km south of Baghdad, said a police source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation