Insurgent bombing in central Iraq kills 13 people
Baghdad: At least 13 people were killed and eight injured in separate bomb and gunfire attacks in Iraq on Thursday, said police.
In northern Iraq, three people were killed and six injured after an explosives-laden motorcycle was blown up near a primary school in Kirkuk city, some 250 km north of capital city of Baghdad, Xinhua quoted police as saying.
The powerful blast badly damaged the school and nearby buildings along with destroying several nearby civilian cars, said a source.
In a separate incident in eastern province of Diyala, a policeman and his brother were injured when some gunmen opened fire at their house, some 65 km northeast of Baghdad, said a police source.
Earlier in the day, a policeman and nine of his family members were killed when some gunmen bombed their house in Mussayab town, some 60 km south of Baghdad, said a police source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- RoBoHon -World's first robot smartphone goes on sale in Japan (Watch video)!
- Shocking! Hollywood couple Johnny Depp, Amber Heard to end their marriage
- Celina Jaitly sizzles in elegant black gown and red lips at red carpet in Dubai – See pic