International court prosecutor in Ivory Coast
Abidjan: The International Criminal Court`s chief prosecutor has arrived in Ivory Coast to investigate acts of violence during the West African nation`s six-month-long political standoff.
Luis Moreno-Ocampo met with Prime Minister Guillaume Soro upon arrival late Friday.
Moreno-Ocampo says he will meet with victims and with political figures on both sides of the conflict during his weekend visit. He said he will also meet with the newly formed reconciliation commission.
The court earlier this month authorised an investigation into violence that left thousands dead after a disputed Presidential Election last year.
Ivory Coast`s President asked the international court to investigate crimes committed by both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Mexican soccer star Alan Pulido kidnapped in border state
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair crashes out of French Open
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England
- Union minister Rajyavardhan Rathore's son bags gold at 8th International Junior Shotgun Cup
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy