International court prosecutor in Ivory Coast
Abidjan: The International Criminal Court`s chief prosecutor has arrived in Ivory Coast to investigate acts of violence during the West African nation`s six-month-long political standoff.
Luis Moreno-Ocampo met with Prime Minister Guillaume Soro upon arrival late Friday.
Moreno-Ocampo says he will meet with victims and with political figures on both sides of the conflict during his weekend visit. He said he will also meet with the newly formed reconciliation commission.
The court earlier this month authorised an investigation into violence that left thousands dead after a disputed Presidential Election last year.
Ivory Coast`s President asked the international court to investigate crimes committed by both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack