Intervention has had `certain effect`: Japan PM
Tokyo: Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan said on Friday that the country`s intervention in currency markets this week has had a "certain effect”.
Kan also said he plans to hold talks with US President Barack Obama during his trip to the US next week.
Kan kept allies in key posts in a cabinet reshuffle earlier on Friday, signaling he plans to press ahead with efforts to curb a huge public debt as he struggles with a strong yen and weak economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players