Intervention has had `certain effect`: Japan PM
Tokyo: Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan said on Friday that the country`s intervention in currency markets this week has had a "certain effect”.
Kan also said he plans to hold talks with US President Barack Obama during his trip to the US next week.
Kan kept allies in key posts in a cabinet reshuffle earlier on Friday, signaling he plans to press ahead with efforts to curb a huge public debt as he struggles with a strong yen and weak economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29