Intervention has had `certain effect`: Japan PM
Tokyo: Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan said on Friday that the country`s intervention in currency markets this week has had a "certain effect”.
Kan also said he plans to hold talks with US President Barack Obama during his trip to the US next week.
Kan kept allies in key posts in a cabinet reshuffle earlier on Friday, signaling he plans to press ahead with efforts to curb a huge public debt as he struggles with a strong yen and weak economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand