Intl police force to hunt Hamas militant’s killers: Dubai
Dubai: An international police unit with officers from the Emirates and at least seven other countries will hunt for the killers of a top Hamas militant suspected of being Israeli agents, Dubai`s police chief said in comments published on Saturday.
The Al-Bayan daily quoted Dhahi Khalfan as saying that officers from the United Arab Emirates, unspecified European countries, Australia and perhaps the United States, would be part of the unit.
He said that some of his officers had already travelled to several "European countries concerned" with the investigation, the government-owned daily reported.
Khalfan did not name the countries, but the murder of Mahmud al-Mabhuh, whose body was found in a Dubai hotel room on January 20, has mounted international pressure on Israel after Dubai said that Israeli agents, most using stolen identities, had carried out the Cold War-style hit.
"We will work via European and Australian diplomatic channels -- and perhaps American -- to set up a working team formed from the Emirates police force and those of at least seven other states to track down the gang responsible for the assassination," the newspaper quoted Khalfan as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?