Intrigue mounts over ouster of Vatican bank chief
Vatican City: Intrigue is mounting over the controversial ouster of the Vatican bank`s president, with leaked documents showing the bank`s board members and even a psychiatrist questioned his behavior and fitness for the job months before he was fired.
The board ousted Ettore Gotti Tedeschi on May 24, firing a man handpicked by the pope`s No 2 to help turn around a bank plagued for decades by scandal.
The board has already made public a scathing denunciation of Gotti Tedeschi`s failings as bank president. On Saturday an Italian newspaper reproduced a letter from the bank`s in-house psychiatrist who in March wrote the bank`s general director with concerns about Gotti Tedeschi`s personal behavior.
A news agency obtained a copy of the letter today. Emails and calls to Gotti Tedeschi`s lawyer and assistant weren`t returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal