Intrigue mounts over ouster of Vatican bank chief
Vatican City: Intrigue is mounting over the controversial ouster of the Vatican bank`s president, with leaked documents showing the bank`s board members and even a psychiatrist questioned his behavior and fitness for the job months before he was fired.
The board ousted Ettore Gotti Tedeschi on May 24, firing a man handpicked by the pope`s No 2 to help turn around a bank plagued for decades by scandal.
The board has already made public a scathing denunciation of Gotti Tedeschi`s failings as bank president. On Saturday an Italian newspaper reproduced a letter from the bank`s in-house psychiatrist who in March wrote the bank`s general director with concerns about Gotti Tedeschi`s personal behavior.
A news agency obtained a copy of the letter today. Emails and calls to Gotti Tedeschi`s lawyer and assistant weren`t returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch