Intrigue mounts over ouster of Vatican bank chief
Vatican City: Intrigue is mounting over the controversial ouster of the Vatican bank`s president, with leaked documents showing the bank`s board members and even a psychiatrist questioned his behavior and fitness for the job months before he was fired.
The board ousted Ettore Gotti Tedeschi on May 24, firing a man handpicked by the pope`s No 2 to help turn around a bank plagued for decades by scandal.
The board has already made public a scathing denunciation of Gotti Tedeschi`s failings as bank president. On Saturday an Italian newspaper reproduced a letter from the bank`s in-house psychiatrist who in March wrote the bank`s general director with concerns about Gotti Tedeschi`s personal behavior.
A news agency obtained a copy of the letter today. Emails and calls to Gotti Tedeschi`s lawyer and assistant weren`t returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter