Intrigue mounts over ouster of Vatican bank chief
Vatican City: Intrigue is mounting over the controversial ouster of the Vatican bank`s president, with leaked documents showing the bank`s board members and even a psychiatrist questioned his behavior and fitness for the job months before he was fired.
The board ousted Ettore Gotti Tedeschi on May 24, firing a man handpicked by the pope`s No 2 to help turn around a bank plagued for decades by scandal.
The board has already made public a scathing denunciation of Gotti Tedeschi`s failings as bank president. On Saturday an Italian newspaper reproduced a letter from the bank`s in-house psychiatrist who in March wrote the bank`s general director with concerns about Gotti Tedeschi`s personal behavior.
A news agency obtained a copy of the letter today. Emails and calls to Gotti Tedeschi`s lawyer and assistant weren`t returned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel