Kuala Lumpur: Authorities probing the criminal aspects of the missing Malaysian jet have conducted a "chronological re-enactment" of the flight before it took off from here six weeks ago, according to a media report on Friday.
Investigators yesterday carried out a chronological re- enactment of everything they believed had happened before the Beijing-bound Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur International Airport on March 8, the New Straits Times reported.
"The timeline for the re-enactment began from the night of March 7, from the time the passengers and crew checked in, right up to the runaway and MH370`s parking bay," it said.
The exercise, kept closely under wraps, involved only police personnel and ran through late into the night, it said.
The Boeing 777-200 with 239 people on board lost contact with air traffic controllers over the South China Sea.
Malaysia believes the flight was deliberately diverted by someone on board and that satellite data indicates it crashed in the Indian Ocean, west of the Australian city of Perth.
A 42-day multinational search has so far not succeeded in tracking the aircraft or its black boxes despite deploying hi-tech gadgets.
Investigators, including the FBI, are looking into a range of aspects, including hijack, sabotage, personal and psychological problems, that may have caused the incident.
Captain of Flight MH370 Zaharie Ahmad Shah and co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid have come under intense scrutiny after authorities seized a home-made simulator from the residence of Zaharie and reports that Fariq made a desperate call from his mobile phone moments before the jet went off the radar.
Malaysian police said they had conducted more than 170 interviews with relatives of the pilot and co-pilot and 10 other crew members.
Relatives of the 227 passengers, particularly the many Chinese citizens, have criticised the handling of the search and investigation by Malaysian authorities.