Investigators probe Lion Air crash in Bali
Bali (Indonesia): Indonesian investigators have started working to determine what caused a new Lion Air passenger jet to miss a runway while landing on the resort island of Bali, crashing into the sea without causing any fatalities.
Transportation Ministry spokesman Bambang Ervan said today that the National Transportation Safety Committee is examining the wreckage of the Boeing 737-800 that snapped in half before coming to rest in shallow water near Bali`s airport yesterday.
He said aviation authorities have already removed the plane`s flight data recorder and are now planning to tow the aircraft and retrieve its cockpit voice recorder located in the tail.
He added that the pilots will also undergo drug testing.
All 101 passengers and seven crew members were safely evacuated from the plane, although up to 45 people suffered injuries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife