Investigators to give details on 2009 Rio-Paris Air France crash
Paris: French crash investigators plan to give an update on the sequence of events in the 2009 Rio-Paris jet disaster on May 27, the BEA air accident bureau said.
The bureau will set out further factual information about Air France flight 447, but will not for the time being attempt to explain the crash or interpret data from the recently recovered black boxes, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
"There will be factual and descriptive elements, with no analysis," a spokeswoman said.
"We will give information which has been validated so far on the chain of events in the flight."
The Airbus A330 jet crashed in the Atlantic on June 01, 2009, killing all 228 people on board.
The cause of the crash remains a mystery but is expected to become clear once the black boxes, recovered earlier this month after an almost two year search, have been fully analysed.
The BEA this week condemned conflicting media reports on the supposed cause of the crash.
The BEA`s official explanation of the available data is expected to come in an interim report which it plans to publish in the summer. The agency says the black box data is intact and should allow investigators to shed light on the disaster.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India