Investigators to give details on 2009 Rio-Paris Air France crash
Paris: French crash investigators plan to give an update on the sequence of events in the 2009 Rio-Paris jet disaster on May 27, the BEA air accident bureau said.
The bureau will set out further factual information about Air France flight 447, but will not for the time being attempt to explain the crash or interpret data from the recently recovered black boxes, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
"There will be factual and descriptive elements, with no analysis," a spokeswoman said.
"We will give information which has been validated so far on the chain of events in the flight."
The Airbus A330 jet crashed in the Atlantic on June 01, 2009, killing all 228 people on board.
The cause of the crash remains a mystery but is expected to become clear once the black boxes, recovered earlier this month after an almost two year search, have been fully analysed.
The BEA this week condemned conflicting media reports on the supposed cause of the crash.
The BEA`s official explanation of the available data is expected to come in an interim report which it plans to publish in the summer. The agency says the black box data is intact and should allow investigators to shed light on the disaster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video
- Lord Hanuman's idols are fully smeared with sindoor – Here's why
- These car companies are offering purchase discount of upto Rs 1 lakh
- Actor-turned-politician Roopa Ganguly injured in 'Trinamool' attack