Iran: 19 people killed in bus crash
Tehran: Iran`s state news agency says at least 19 people have been killed in the country`s south after the bus they were travelling on struck a rock and flipped over.
IRNA says the accident took place on Sunday, some 50 kilometres west of the southern Iranian city of Shiraz.
It says around 25 passengers were injured and transferred to local hospitals. Five of them are in serious condition.
Iran has one of the worst road safety records in the world. Statistics say that more than 20,000 people lose their lives in road accidents every year in the country.
The high toll is blamed on disregard of traffic rules, unsafe roads and poor emergency services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video