Iran: 19 people killed in bus crash
Tehran: Iran`s state news agency says at least 19 people have been killed in the country`s south after the bus they were travelling on struck a rock and flipped over.
IRNA says the accident took place on Sunday, some 50 kilometres west of the southern Iranian city of Shiraz.
It says around 25 passengers were injured and transferred to local hospitals. Five of them are in serious condition.
Iran has one of the worst road safety records in the world. Statistics say that more than 20,000 people lose their lives in road accidents every year in the country.
The high toll is blamed on disregard of traffic rules, unsafe roads and poor emergency services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH