Iran `a year or more` from nuclear capability: Obama
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Taking stock of US intelligence reports, President Barack Obama on Saturday said that Iran was "a year or more away" from building nuclear weapon.
It is noteworthy that Israel had earlier said that Iran was just months away from building a bomb and Obama’s assessment puts him at odds with the Israelis.
Obama told agencies that American estimates are "more conservative" than those of the Israelis.
Obama also says the world must "test" whether Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is serious about resolving its nuclear dispute diplomatically. But he says the US won`t take a "bad deal" from Iran.
Israel has dismissed Iran`s outreach to the US Obama says if he were Israel`s leader, he`d "be very wary as well of any kind of talk from the Iranians."
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16