Iran `a year or more` from nuclear capability: Obama
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Taking stock of US intelligence reports, President Barack Obama on Saturday said that Iran was "a year or more away" from building nuclear weapon.
It is noteworthy that Israel had earlier said that Iran was just months away from building a bomb and Obama’s assessment puts him at odds with the Israelis.
Obama told agencies that American estimates are "more conservative" than those of the Israelis.
Obama also says the world must "test" whether Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is serious about resolving its nuclear dispute diplomatically. But he says the US won`t take a "bad deal" from Iran.
Israel has dismissed Iran`s outreach to the US Obama says if he were Israel`s leader, he`d "be very wary as well of any kind of talk from the Iranians."
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand