Iran accuses US Navy of `illegal` acts in Gulf
United Nations: Iran is accusing the US Navy of carrying out "illegal and provocative acts" in the Persian Gulf and Sea of Oman.
In identical letters to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the Security Council, Iran`s UN Ambassador Mohammad Khazaee said the Navy repeatedly violated the country`s airspace.
He cited flights over the coastal areas of Bushehr on seven occasions in October and most recently a US drone flight on November 1 which disregarded all radio warnings and penetrated Iranian airspace.
The letters, circulated yesterday, urged Ban to warn the US "against the continuation of acts in violation of international law and of the adverse consequences of any provocative and dangerous acts for which the United States government would be held responsible."
The White House had no comment Friday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM