Iran accuses West of fomenting violent protests
Tehran (Iran): Iran is accusing Western countries of fomenting this week`s violent protests in the capital and says it is summoning Britain`s ambassador to file a complaint.
In Tehran on Tuesday, Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said the deadly clashes were the work of a tiny minority. He accused outside countries, including the U.S. and Britain, of "miscalculating" by siding with anti-government protesters. He did not directly address President Barack Obama`s praise of the reformist movement.
Iran has said as many as eight people were killed in Sunday`s clashes. There was no serious violence reported Tuesday, but opposition Web sites said several activists were arrested, including a prominent journalist and the sister of Nobel peace laureate Shirin Ebadi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing