Iran accuses West of fomenting violent protests
Tehran (Iran): Iran is accusing Western countries of fomenting this week`s violent protests in the capital and says it is summoning Britain`s ambassador to file a complaint.
In Tehran on Tuesday, Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said the deadly clashes were the work of a tiny minority. He accused outside countries, including the U.S. and Britain, of "miscalculating" by siding with anti-government protesters. He did not directly address President Barack Obama`s praise of the reformist movement.
Iran has said as many as eight people were killed in Sunday`s clashes. There was no serious violence reported Tuesday, but opposition Web sites said several activists were arrested, including a prominent journalist and the sister of Nobel peace laureate Shirin Ebadi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack