Iran admits confronting US drone in Persian Gulf
Tehran: Iran has confirmed having confronted a US drone in the Persian Gulf last week, Xinhua reported.
Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi Friday admitted the fighter jet of the Islamic republic had confronted the US drone after it entered Iranian sea space in the Persian Gulf.
The incident indicates that the Islamic republic watches every movement in the region carefully and will take effective and strong measures in due time, the minister added.
The US Defense Department said Thursday that an Iranian fighter jet attacked a US drone in the Persian Gulf last week but missed its target, so the US unmanned aircraft suffered no damage and returned safely to the base.
The department`s officials said it was the first time that a US unmanned aircraft had been shot at over international waters in the Persian Gulf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security