Iran admits confronting US drone in Persian Gulf
Tehran: Iran has confirmed having confronted a US drone in the Persian Gulf last week, Xinhua reported.
Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi Friday admitted the fighter jet of the Islamic republic had confronted the US drone after it entered Iranian sea space in the Persian Gulf.
The incident indicates that the Islamic republic watches every movement in the region carefully and will take effective and strong measures in due time, the minister added.
The US Defense Department said Thursday that an Iranian fighter jet attacked a US drone in the Persian Gulf last week but missed its target, so the US unmanned aircraft suffered no damage and returned safely to the base.
The department`s officials said it was the first time that a US unmanned aircraft had been shot at over international waters in the Persian Gulf.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case