Iran admits no new nuclear offer, blames translation error

Last Updated: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 17:26

Tehran: Iran on Tuesday admitted that it has
not received a new proposal from three world powers concerning
its nuclear fuel, blaming a translation error for having
insisted otherwise previously.

"There is a new letter by the three countries (the
United States, Russia and France) to the IAEA (International
Atomic Energy Agency)," Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki
told reporters.

He added however that the letter "appeared as a new
proposal during translation."

On Monday, Iran`s atomic chief Ali Akbar Salehi had
said that the three powers had made a new proposal regarding
the supply of nuclear fuel to Iran after Tehran began work on
enriching uranium to 20 percent.

But the United States, Russia and France denied such a
fresh proposal had been made to replace the one offering to
ship low-enriched uranium of Tehran out of Iran for refinement
abroad.

PTI



First Published: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 17:26

comments powered by Disqus