Iran agrees to `framework` for final nuclear talks
Tehran: A senior Iranian negotiator said today that Tehran has agreed on a "framework" for talks with world powers aimed at reaching a comprehensive nuclear accord, official media reported.
"After two days of intensive talks, Iran and world powers reached an agreement on the framework and plan of action for the comprehensive nuclear talks," Abbas Araqchi was quoted as saying by IRNA news agency.
The announcement came ahead of a third day of talks with the P5+1 - Britain, France, the United States, Russia and China plus Germany - aimed at reaching a comprehensive accord on Tehran`s controversial nuclear programme.
Negotiators hope to build on an interim agreement reached in November under which Iran agreed to freeze or curb some of its nuclear activities for six months in return for limited relief from crippling international sanctions.
Western nations and Israel have long suspected Iran of covertly pursuing a nuclear weapons capability alongside its civilian programme, charges denied by Tehran, which insists on its "right" to uranium enrichment.
Iran`s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, who is leading the negotiating team, said on Tuesday that Tehran had the "political will" to seek a comprehensive agreement with world powers over its disputed nuclear drive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt