Iran already a nuclear state, claims Ahmadinejad
New York: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has declared that his country is a nuclear power and should be treated as such.
During an interview with an Egyptian newspaper on the eve of his visit to Cairo, he also stressed that his regime has no plans to use that capability for an attack on Israel.
Ahmadinejad told the newspaper Al-Ahram, according to the Israeli website Haaretz, that Iran is ‘already an industrial and nuclear country, a country that has conquered space.’
He added that for years Iran has been thinking about sending a human being into space, and that they will do it soon.
In Ahmadinejad’s remarks about Israel, he cast the Jewish state as the aggressor and said Iran is focused on protecting itself, the New York Daily News reports.
He said that the purpose of their nuclear programme is defense, and not to target Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi