Iran already a nuclear state, claims Ahmadinejad
New York: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has declared that his country is a nuclear power and should be treated as such.
During an interview with an Egyptian newspaper on the eve of his visit to Cairo, he also stressed that his regime has no plans to use that capability for an attack on Israel.
Ahmadinejad told the newspaper Al-Ahram, according to the Israeli website Haaretz, that Iran is ‘already an industrial and nuclear country, a country that has conquered space.’
He added that for years Iran has been thinking about sending a human being into space, and that they will do it soon.
In Ahmadinejad’s remarks about Israel, he cast the Jewish state as the aggressor and said Iran is focused on protecting itself, the New York Daily News reports.
He said that the purpose of their nuclear programme is defense, and not to target Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda