Iran already a nuclear state, claims Ahmadinejad
New York: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has declared that his country is a nuclear power and should be treated as such.
During an interview with an Egyptian newspaper on the eve of his visit to Cairo, he also stressed that his regime has no plans to use that capability for an attack on Israel.
Ahmadinejad told the newspaper Al-Ahram, according to the Israeli website Haaretz, that Iran is ‘already an industrial and nuclear country, a country that has conquered space.’
He added that for years Iran has been thinking about sending a human being into space, and that they will do it soon.
In Ahmadinejad’s remarks about Israel, he cast the Jewish state as the aggressor and said Iran is focused on protecting itself, the New York Daily News reports.
He said that the purpose of their nuclear programme is defense, and not to target Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you