Iran and West need to set venue for talks: Lavrov
Moscow: Russia`s foreign minister says Iran and the West should stop behaving "like little children" and agree on where to hold talks on Tehran`s nuclear program.
Sergey Lavrov said today the essence of the talks was far more important than the atmosphere of any given town. He said Russia was hoping that "common sense would prevail and we will stop being capricious like little children."
Iran`s foreign minister blamed the West today for holding up an agreement on the venue, striking back at the European Union, which accused Tehran of wilfully delaying new nuclear talks with the six world powers.
Today`s statements suggest no headway has been made on Iran`s proposal of Egypt as the site to renew dialogue, more than six months since the last round ended in stalemate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur