Iran announces plan for new nuclear reactors
Tehran: Iran plans to construct new "four or five" nuclear reactors for medical research, according to state controlled Press TV.
"Iran plans to build four to five new reactors with a capacity of 10-20 megawatts in different provinces within the next few years to produce radio-medicine and perform research," the report said, citing comments by Fereydoun Abbasi, head of Iran`s nuclear energy agency.
The US, the European Union and the UN last year imposed a fresh round of sanctions on Iran because of worries that it is developing a nuclear arsenal. Iran says its nuclear programme was peaceful.
Iran said its new reactors will be built in different provinces throughout the country, each with a power-generation capacity of 20 megawatts, Abbasi said.
Abbasi also said Iran will build a new uranium enrichment site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?