Iran announces plan for new nuclear reactors
Tehran: Iran plans to construct new "four or five" nuclear reactors for medical research, according to state controlled Press TV.
"Iran plans to build four to five new reactors with a capacity of 10-20 megawatts in different provinces within the next few years to produce radio-medicine and perform research," the report said, citing comments by Fereydoun Abbasi, head of Iran`s nuclear energy agency.
The US, the European Union and the UN last year imposed a fresh round of sanctions on Iran because of worries that it is developing a nuclear arsenal. Iran says its nuclear programme was peaceful.
Iran said its new reactors will be built in different provinces throughout the country, each with a power-generation capacity of 20 megawatts, Abbasi said.
Abbasi also said Iran will build a new uranium enrichment site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh