Iran arrests man on charges of spying for Israel
Tehran: Iranian authorities have arrested a man on charges of spying for Israel. The semiofficial Mehr news agency says the unidentified man had allegedly passed on intelligence to a security officer at the Israeli embassy in Thailand.
The report says the man was arrested in the southeastern Iranian region of Kerman where he was allegedly collecting data on mines in the area.
The report didn`t provide other details beyond saying the man would face trial. It did not say when he was arrested. Espionage is punishable by death under Iranian law. Iran and Israel have been enemies since the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran, with Tehran periodically announcing arrests of people suspected of spying for Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick