Iran arrests man on charges of spying for Israel
Tehran: Iranian authorities have arrested a man on charges of spying for Israel. The semiofficial Mehr news agency says the unidentified man had allegedly passed on intelligence to a security officer at the Israeli embassy in Thailand.
The report says the man was arrested in the southeastern Iranian region of Kerman where he was allegedly collecting data on mines in the area.
The report didn`t provide other details beyond saying the man would face trial. It did not say when he was arrested. Espionage is punishable by death under Iranian law. Iran and Israel have been enemies since the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran, with Tehran periodically announcing arrests of people suspected of spying for Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants face gigantic task of taming Suresh Raina's rampaging Gujarat Lions
- Thailand faces longest heatwave in 65 years