Iran arrests man on charges of spying for Israel
Tehran: Iranian authorities have arrested a man on charges of spying for Israel. The semiofficial Mehr news agency says the unidentified man had allegedly passed on intelligence to a security officer at the Israeli embassy in Thailand.
The report says the man was arrested in the southeastern Iranian region of Kerman where he was allegedly collecting data on mines in the area.
The report didn`t provide other details beyond saying the man would face trial. It did not say when he was arrested. Espionage is punishable by death under Iranian law. Iran and Israel have been enemies since the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran, with Tehran periodically announcing arrests of people suspected of spying for Israel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings