Iran arrests suspected mosque bombing accomplices
Tehran: Iran on Friday said that it has
arrested suspected accomplices of two suicide bombers who attacked a Shiite mosque in the restive southeast earlier this
month killing at least 28 people.
"Some of those who helped the suicide bombers behind the Zahedan crime have been identified and some have been arrested," state news agency IRNA quoted deputy interior minister Ali Abdollahi as saying.
He did not specify how many were in custody.
"It is evident to us that the people who carried out
the terrorist attack in Zahedan`s Jamia mosque were linked to
the Rigi group," Abdollahi said, referring to the Sunni
militant group Jundallah, whose longtime leader Abdolmalek
Rigi was executed in Tehran last month.
Jundallah, or Soldiers of God, claimed the July 15
twin bombing in Zahedan, capital of Sistan-Baluchestan
province, which it said targeted members of the elite
The group says it is fighting for the rights of the
province`s large, mainly Sunni Baluchi population in
Police said that the day after the twin bombing they
killed six "criminals" in Sistan-Baluchestan province and
arrested 40 people for "creating disturbances" in Zahedan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog