Iran backs choice of new Iraq PM: Top official
Tehran: Iran, a key ally of Iraq`s sidelined Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, said Tuesday it backed the legal process to pick his replacement, following the nomination of Haidar al-Abadi as new head of government.
Ali Shamkhani, secretary and representative of supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Iran`s Supreme National Security Council, made the remarks at a meeting of Iranian ambassadors in Tehran, the Fars news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight