Iran bans Saudi diplomat from leaving after crash
Tehran: Iranian state TV reports that a Saudi diplomat has been banned from leaving Iran after he was involved in a fatal car crash.
Judiciary spokesman Gholam Hossein Mohseini Ejehi said the diplomat`s case is before the courts, and the diplomat must remain in Iran for the procedures, the TV`s website reported yesterday. The diplomat was not identified.
Ejehi said the diplomat was driving erratically at high speed at the time of the crash last month, which killed an Iranian. Police suspect he was drunk, saying some bottles of alcohol were found in his car.
Drinking alcohol is illegal in Iran.
Shiite Muslim Iran and Sunni Saudi Arabia are bitter regional rivals, but they maintain diplomatic relations and embassies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal