Iran ‘biggest exporter’ of terror: Israeli PM
Jerusalem: Accusing Iran of being the world`s "biggest exporter" of terror, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday asked the global community to draw a "red line" against Tehran`s alleged support to acts of terrorism following a series of blasts in India and Thailand.
"Iran is the biggest exporter of terror in the world. Iran`s terror operations are now exposed for all to see," Netanyahu said during a Knesset (Israeli parliament) plenum, a
day after a botched terror attack in Thailand, which Israel believe was meant to target its ambassador in Bangkok.
"Iran is undermining the world`s stability and harms innocent diplomats. World countries must condemn Iran`s terror acts and draw a red line. This aggression, if not stopped,
will eventually spread," the Israeli Premier warned.
Four Thai nationals were wounded in Bangkok in a series of blasts yesterday when a cache of explosives ignited at a house, apparently by mistake.
One explosion blew off the leg of an Iranian who had fled, carrying what looked like grenades.
Israel also blamed Iran and Hezbollah, Lebanese Shi`ite faction supported by Tehran, for the bombing of an Israeli diplomatic car in New Delhi that wounded four people, including a diplomat`s wife, on Monday.
A similar bomb targeting Israeli diplomats in Georgia was found under a car but neutralised on time.
Tensions between Tel Aviv and Tehran have risen sharply after three bomb incidents in world capitals.
An Israeli woman diplomat was injured in yesterday`s attack in New Delhi but a similar attack in Tbilisi was averted when the explosive device was discovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’