Iran ‘biggest exporter’ of terror: Israeli PM
Jerusalem: Accusing Iran of being the world`s "biggest exporter" of terror, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday asked the global community to draw a "red line" against Tehran`s alleged support to acts of terrorism following a series of blasts in India and Thailand.
"Iran is the biggest exporter of terror in the world. Iran`s terror operations are now exposed for all to see," Netanyahu said during a Knesset (Israeli parliament) plenum, a
day after a botched terror attack in Thailand, which Israel believe was meant to target its ambassador in Bangkok.
"Iran is undermining the world`s stability and harms innocent diplomats. World countries must condemn Iran`s terror acts and draw a red line. This aggression, if not stopped,
will eventually spread," the Israeli Premier warned.
Four Thai nationals were wounded in Bangkok in a series of blasts yesterday when a cache of explosives ignited at a house, apparently by mistake.
One explosion blew off the leg of an Iranian who had fled, carrying what looked like grenades.
Israel also blamed Iran and Hezbollah, Lebanese Shi`ite faction supported by Tehran, for the bombing of an Israeli diplomatic car in New Delhi that wounded four people, including a diplomat`s wife, on Monday.
A similar bomb targeting Israeli diplomats in Georgia was found under a car but neutralised on time.
Tensions between Tel Aviv and Tehran have risen sharply after three bomb incidents in world capitals.
An Israeli woman diplomat was injured in yesterday`s attack in New Delhi but a similar attack in Tbilisi was averted when the explosive device was discovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it