‘Iran builds vertical take-off and landing drone’
Tehran: Iranian experts have developed vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) drone, which will be unveiled in the near future, Press TV reported on Saturday.
The drone enjoys ultra-advanced technology and has been manufactured for the first time in the world, the Iranian expert who is in charge of the research, Abbas Jam, was quoted as saying.
Jam said that the drone will be tested on Saturday and be unveiled during the 10-Day Dawn celebrations, which will begin on Jan. 31, for the 34th anniversary of the victory of the Islamic revolution in Iran, according to the report.
The hushed drone does not require runways at all and can take off and land vertically, he added.
According to Press TV, Iranian researchers recently designed and built a new radar-evading drone, named Liko, with the capacity of carrying 100 kg of cargo for 100 km.
It is also capable of nonstop flights for three hours. The 53kg UAV can fly at an altitude of 16,000 feet and requires the shortest landing runway length.
The country`s domestically-made unmanned aerial vehicle, Shahed 129, unveiled in September 2012, can carry out combat and reconnaissance missions with 24-hour nonstop flight capability.
Karrar, Iran`s first indigenous long-range drone unveiled in August 2010, is capable of carrying a military payload of rockets for bombing missions against ground targets, flying long distances at a very high speed and gathering information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what