Iran calls Carla Bruni a `prostitute’
London: Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, the wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy, has been called a ``prostitute’ by Iran after she criticised the country’s decision to stone a woman to death.
Bruni-Sarkozy, the French First Lady, was attacked after she signed a petition calling for the release of Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, who is accused of cheating on her husband and then helping to kill him.
Kayhan, an Iranian newspaper, which is under control of the government, called Bruni-Sarkozy and Isabelle Adjani, the French actress who is campaigning for Ashtina’s release, “prostitutes” in an editorial, while Iranian state television accused the former supermodel of “immorality”.
“Why shed your blood and deprive your children of their mother? Because you have lived, because you have loved, because you’re a woman, and because you’re an Iranian? Everything within me refuses to accept this,” the Telegraph quoted Bruni-Sarkozy as writing in an open letter to Ashtiani last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened