Iran calls Israel Gaza raids `war crimes`
Tehran: Iran on Sunday called Israel`s deadly air
strikes on Gaza "war crimes" against "the defenceless
Palestinian people," calling for an international outcry
against the attacks.
"Iran strongly condemns the savage crimes of the Zionist
regime against the innocent and defenceless Palestinian people
in Gaza," the foreign ministry said in a statement carried by
the official IRNA news agency.
"The recent, repeated aggressions and invasions... are
condemned as war crimes and inhumane," it said.
International organisations and rights groups should speak
out "about this abhorrent violation of human rights," it
Israel has since Friday killed 18 people in air strikes,
including a schoolboy, in a campaign to stop rockets and
mortars being fired against the southern part of its
A spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
said today that one site hit was being used to launch
Iranian-built Fajr-5 missiles.
"The IAF (Israel Air Force) destroyed launching pits of
Fajr long range rockets that can hit Tel Aviv," Ofir Gendelman
wrote in a posting on Twitter. "This is the result of
meticulous intelligence work."
The violence between Israel and Gaza militants erupted on
Friday afternoon when an Israeli strike killed the leader of
the ultra-hardline Popular Resistance Committees, Zuhair
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi described
Qaisi`s killing as an act of "state terrorism."
Israel is Iran`s arch-enemy in the Middle East.
The Jewish state, which has the region`s sole if
undeclared nuclear arsenal, has threatened to carry out air
strikes on Iranian atomic facilities to prevent the Islamic
republic gaining the technology and knowhow to make a nuclear
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional