Iran can strike Israel`s nuclear sites: Commander
Tehran: The head of Iran`s elite Revolutionary Guards Corps said on Saturday that the Islamic Republic has the ability to attack arch-foe Israel`s nuclear sites.
When asked by Iran`s Arablic language television channel
Al-Alam whether Iran has the ability to strike Israeli nuclear
sites, Mohammad Ali Jafari said, "Yes, definitely we have this
capability because of the advances we have made in the past
two years to carry out such a task."
"We have said that all of Israel`s soil is under the
coverage of our missiles. We have such capability and can
certainly respond to any attack" by Israel.
His comments come a day before the annual day of the
Jafari had previously in March issued a similar
Relations between the two arch-foes have deteriorated in
the past four years under the rule of President Mahmoud
Israel, although widely believed to have nuclear weapons
itself, is strongly against Iran`s controversial nuclear
Global powers feel Iran`s nuclear drive is aimed at
seeking atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO