Iran can wipe out Israel if attacked: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Issuing a stern warning, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reportedly on Wednesday said that his country will not hesitate to strike Israel and ‘wipe it out’ if it attacks them.
The statement was made by Ahmadinejad on his visit to Cairo to Egypt’s state news agency, as per reports.
"The Zionists... hope to aggress Iran and attack it, but they are very afraid of the Iranian reaction and of the consequences of such an attack," he said.
Ahmadinejad also reportedly said, "Our defence forces are capable of dissuading any aggressor and making him regret his act."
The Iranian President is on a three-day visit to Cairo to attend the Organisation of Islamic Conference`s summit on February 6-7. Ahmadinejad is the first Iranian president to visit Egypt since the Islamic revolution in 1979.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?