Iran can wipe out Israel if attacked: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Issuing a stern warning, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reportedly on Wednesday said that his country will not hesitate to strike Israel and ‘wipe it out’ if it attacks them.
The statement was made by Ahmadinejad on his visit to Cairo to Egypt’s state news agency, as per reports.
"The Zionists... hope to aggress Iran and attack it, but they are very afraid of the Iranian reaction and of the consequences of such an attack," he said.
Ahmadinejad also reportedly said, "Our defence forces are capable of dissuading any aggressor and making him regret his act."
The Iranian President is on a three-day visit to Cairo to attend the Organisation of Islamic Conference`s summit on February 6-7. Ahmadinejad is the first Iranian president to visit Egypt since the Islamic revolution in 1979.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra