Iran can wipe out Israel if attacked: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Issuing a stern warning, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reportedly on Wednesday said that his country will not hesitate to strike Israel and ‘wipe it out’ if it attacks them.
The statement was made by Ahmadinejad on his visit to Cairo to Egypt’s state news agency, as per reports.
"The Zionists... hope to aggress Iran and attack it, but they are very afraid of the Iranian reaction and of the consequences of such an attack," he said.
Ahmadinejad also reportedly said, "Our defence forces are capable of dissuading any aggressor and making him regret his act."
The Iranian President is on a three-day visit to Cairo to attend the Organisation of Islamic Conference`s summit on February 6-7. Ahmadinejad is the first Iranian president to visit Egypt since the Islamic revolution in 1979.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie