Iran can wipe out Israel if attacked: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Issuing a stern warning, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad reportedly on Wednesday said that his country will not hesitate to strike Israel and ‘wipe it out’ if it attacks them.
The statement was made by Ahmadinejad on his visit to Cairo to Egypt’s state news agency, as per reports.
"The Zionists... hope to aggress Iran and attack it, but they are very afraid of the Iranian reaction and of the consequences of such an attack," he said.
Ahmadinejad also reportedly said, "Our defence forces are capable of dissuading any aggressor and making him regret his act."
The Iranian President is on a three-day visit to Cairo to attend the Organisation of Islamic Conference`s summit on February 6-7. Ahmadinejad is the first Iranian president to visit Egypt since the Islamic revolution in 1979.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach