Iran claims to have ‘Israeli military base’ images taken by drone
London: Iranian authorities have claimed to have images of sensitive Israeli military bases taken by an unmanned aircraft that were launched by Lebanon’s Hezbollah Movement earlier this month.
Senior Iranian MP Ismaeil Kowsari called the Israeli bases “forbidden sites”, but gave no details about the photos.
Kowsari also suggested Iranian drones have the ability to transmit data while in flight.
According to the Daily Mail, it also appeared aimed at warning Israel about the options for retaliation for any possible strikes on Iranian nuclear sites.
Kowsari, also was quoted as saying by the state-run media, that the Iranian-backed Hezbollah possesses more sophisticated Iranian-made drones than the one that took the pictures and was shot down by the Israeli military, including some that could carry weapons.
“These drones transmit the pictures online. The pictures of forbidden sites taken and transmitted by this drone are now in our possession,” Kowsari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Film on 1983 World Cup win to give insights from dressing room
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris with 'iris recognition' launched in India at Rs 13,999
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik detained in Srinagar ahead of Thursday's shutdown
- IPL 2016: Revealed – This is Sunrisers Hyderabad's Mustafizur Rahman’s biggest fear!