Iran claims to have ‘Israeli military base’ images taken by drone
London: Iranian authorities have claimed to have images of sensitive Israeli military bases taken by an unmanned aircraft that were launched by Lebanon’s Hezbollah Movement earlier this month.
Senior Iranian MP Ismaeil Kowsari called the Israeli bases “forbidden sites”, but gave no details about the photos.
Kowsari also suggested Iranian drones have the ability to transmit data while in flight.
According to the Daily Mail, it also appeared aimed at warning Israel about the options for retaliation for any possible strikes on Iranian nuclear sites.
Kowsari, also was quoted as saying by the state-run media, that the Iranian-backed Hezbollah possesses more sophisticated Iranian-made drones than the one that took the pictures and was shot down by the Israeli military, including some that could carry weapons.
“These drones transmit the pictures online. The pictures of forbidden sites taken and transmitted by this drone are now in our possession,” Kowsari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'