Iran commander `welcomes` possible Israeli strike
Tehran: A senior Iranian commander says a possible Israeli airstrike against his country`s nuclear facilities is "welcome" because it would give Iran a reason to retaliate and "get rid of" the Jewish state "forever”.
The remarks by General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the head of the Revolutionary Guard`s Air Force, were reported on Saturday by the official IRNA news agency.
Hajizadeh says in the event of an Israeli strike, Iran`s response would be "swift, decisive and destructive”. But he also claims Israeli threats of a strike are just part of a psychological war against Iran.
His comments are the latest in a war of words between the archenemies.
Israel considers Iran an existential threat because of its suspect nuclear program. Iran denies seeking atomic weapons, saying its uranium enrichment is for peaceful purposes only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future