Iran condemns global silence over Gaza situation
Moscow: Iran has condemned the international community`s indifference to the Israeli regime`s aggression against the Gaza Strip, Press TV reported.
In his opening address to Syria`s National Dialogue meeting in Tehran between the Syrian authorities and the opposition, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said the international community`s indifference had led to the continuation and escalation of the conflict.
"The current situation in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict results from the lack of a firm reaction by the international community, particularly human rights organisations," he said while accusing Israel of committing war crimes against Palestinians.
Salehi urged the Arab League and the leaders of Muslim countries to focus their attention on the conflict and "take practical measures to help the innocent people of Gaza".
Israel launched Operation Pillar of Defence Wednesday, killing Hamas military chief Ahmed al-Jabari and attacking hundreds of rocket-launching sites, ammunition depots and "terrorist" cells belonging to radical Islamist groups operating in Gaza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: Indian Army destroys 7 terror launch pads across Line of Control