Iran condemns global silence over Gaza situation
Moscow: Iran has condemned the international community`s indifference to the Israeli regime`s aggression against the Gaza Strip, Press TV reported.
In his opening address to Syria`s National Dialogue meeting in Tehran between the Syrian authorities and the opposition, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said the international community`s indifference had led to the continuation and escalation of the conflict.
"The current situation in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict results from the lack of a firm reaction by the international community, particularly human rights organisations," he said while accusing Israel of committing war crimes against Palestinians.
Salehi urged the Arab League and the leaders of Muslim countries to focus their attention on the conflict and "take practical measures to help the innocent people of Gaza".
Israel launched Operation Pillar of Defence Wednesday, killing Hamas military chief Ahmed al-Jabari and attacking hundreds of rocket-launching sites, ammunition depots and "terrorist" cells belonging to radical Islamist groups operating in Gaza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight