Iran condemns global silence over Gaza situation
Moscow: Iran has condemned the international community`s indifference to the Israeli regime`s aggression against the Gaza Strip, Press TV reported.
In his opening address to Syria`s National Dialogue meeting in Tehran between the Syrian authorities and the opposition, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said the international community`s indifference had led to the continuation and escalation of the conflict.
"The current situation in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict results from the lack of a firm reaction by the international community, particularly human rights organisations," he said while accusing Israel of committing war crimes against Palestinians.
Salehi urged the Arab League and the leaders of Muslim countries to focus their attention on the conflict and "take practical measures to help the innocent people of Gaza".
Israel launched Operation Pillar of Defence Wednesday, killing Hamas military chief Ahmed al-Jabari and attacking hundreds of rocket-launching sites, ammunition depots and "terrorist" cells belonging to radical Islamist groups operating in Gaza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'