Iran condemns lifting of embargo for Syrian rebels
Tehran: Iran has strongly condemned the European Union`s (EU) recent decision to lift its arms embargo against the Syrian rebels.
Lifting of the arms embargo on "foreign-sponsored Syrian militants" is yet another proof of the bloc`s double standards, reported Xinhua citing Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi on Thursday.
The remarks were made on the sidelines of an international conference on Syria on Wednesday.
"The world`s public opinion will not accept the EU`s move to send weapons to terrorists (in Syria). This act originates from the arrogant nature of these countries and their logic of oppression," said Salehi.
He expresses hope that the EU would not put its decision into effect by August and would ill overturn it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood actors vs MPs charity match: Baba Ramdev steals the show - See Pics
- Sensex zooms by over 292 points to recapture 28,000-mark; Nifty above 8,600-level
- Boy's heart, brain function halted for cardiac tumour removal!
- Here's what Renuka Shahane has to say about Salman Khan's acquittal in black buck poaching cases
- Mutual fund folio count rises 12.5 lakh to 4.9 crore in June quarter