Iran condemns lifting of embargo for Syrian rebels
Tehran: Iran has strongly condemned the European Union`s (EU) recent decision to lift its arms embargo against the Syrian rebels.
Lifting of the arms embargo on "foreign-sponsored Syrian militants" is yet another proof of the bloc`s double standards, reported Xinhua citing Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi on Thursday.
The remarks were made on the sidelines of an international conference on Syria on Wednesday.
"The world`s public opinion will not accept the EU`s move to send weapons to terrorists (in Syria). This act originates from the arrogant nature of these countries and their logic of oppression," said Salehi.
He expresses hope that the EU would not put its decision into effect by August and would ill overturn it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP