Iran condemns lifting of embargo for Syrian rebels
Tehran: Iran has strongly condemned the European Union`s (EU) recent decision to lift its arms embargo against the Syrian rebels.
Lifting of the arms embargo on "foreign-sponsored Syrian militants" is yet another proof of the bloc`s double standards, reported Xinhua citing Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi on Thursday.
The remarks were made on the sidelines of an international conference on Syria on Wednesday.
"The world`s public opinion will not accept the EU`s move to send weapons to terrorists (in Syria). This act originates from the arrogant nature of these countries and their logic of oppression," said Salehi.
He expresses hope that the EU would not put its decision into effect by August and would ill overturn it.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India