Iran condemns military intervention in Libya: Khamenei
Tehran: Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Monday condemned the Western intervention in Libya,
saying it is aimed at "getting their hands on its oil," and
said Iran supports the Libyan rebels.
"They claim they want to defend the people by carrying
out military operations or by entering Libya... You did not
come to defend the people, you`ve come after Libya`s oil," he
said in a live broadcast from the holy city of Mashhad.
"Iran condemns the military action in Libya," he said,
adding that the Islamic republic supports the people who have
rebelled against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29