Iran condemns military intervention in Libya: Khamenei
Tehran: Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Monday condemned the Western intervention in Libya,
saying it is aimed at "getting their hands on its oil," and
said Iran supports the Libyan rebels.
"They claim they want to defend the people by carrying
out military operations or by entering Libya... You did not
come to defend the people, you`ve come after Libya`s oil," he
said in a live broadcast from the holy city of Mashhad.
"Iran condemns the military action in Libya," he said,
adding that the Islamic republic supports the people who have
rebelled against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends