Iran condoles with families of US school shooting victims
Tehran: Iran Saturday expressed condolences to families of victims of a shooting incident at an elementary school in the US state of Connecticut.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast offered sympathy to families of the victims of the "tragic incident" and censured the killing of innocent people across the world, reported Xinhua, citing Press TV.
"There is no difference between children and teenagers who fall victim to armed actions in Gaza or the United States, Afghanistan or Pakistan, Iraq or Syria in human aspects," Mehmanparast was quoted as saying.
"Everyone should attempt to establish peace, security and tranquillity for all the people across the world," he added.
A gunman Friday slaughtered 28 people, including 20 children, at an elementary school in Newtown. The shooting is the second most deadly in the US history, only after the Virginia Tech Massacre in April 2007, which claimed 33 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’