Iran condoles with families of US school shooting victims
Tehran: Iran Saturday expressed condolences to families of victims of a shooting incident at an elementary school in the US state of Connecticut.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast offered sympathy to families of the victims of the "tragic incident" and censured the killing of innocent people across the world, reported Xinhua, citing Press TV.
"There is no difference between children and teenagers who fall victim to armed actions in Gaza or the United States, Afghanistan or Pakistan, Iraq or Syria in human aspects," Mehmanparast was quoted as saying.
"Everyone should attempt to establish peace, security and tranquillity for all the people across the world," he added.
A gunman Friday slaughtered 28 people, including 20 children, at an elementary school in Newtown. The shooting is the second most deadly in the US history, only after the Virginia Tech Massacre in April 2007, which claimed 33 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed