Iran confirms resumption of talks with IAEA
Tehran: Iran`s permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh has confirmed the resumption of talks with the UN nuclear watchdog, according to Mehr news agency.
On Friday, an IAEA spokesperson announced that its experts and Iran will meet Dec 13 in Tehran for a new round of talks on Iran`s nuclear issue, Xinhua reported.
The IAEA hopes to reach an agreement with Iran that allows inspectors to investigate possible military aspects of Iran`s nuclear programme. The most recent talks between the two parties were held in August. But no agreement was signed.
Iran maintains that its nuclear enrichment programme is for peaceful purposes, the Western world, however, suspects Tehran`s nuclear programme may be intended to produce weapons.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark