Iran confirms resumption of talks with IAEA
Tehran: Iran`s permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh has confirmed the resumption of talks with the UN nuclear watchdog, according to Mehr news agency.
On Friday, an IAEA spokesperson announced that its experts and Iran will meet Dec 13 in Tehran for a new round of talks on Iran`s nuclear issue, Xinhua reported.
The IAEA hopes to reach an agreement with Iran that allows inspectors to investigate possible military aspects of Iran`s nuclear programme. The most recent talks between the two parties were held in August. But no agreement was signed.
Iran maintains that its nuclear enrichment programme is for peaceful purposes, the Western world, however, suspects Tehran`s nuclear programme may be intended to produce weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka