Iran confirms resumption of talks with IAEA
Tehran: Iran`s permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh has confirmed the resumption of talks with the UN nuclear watchdog, according to Mehr news agency.
On Friday, an IAEA spokesperson announced that its experts and Iran will meet Dec 13 in Tehran for a new round of talks on Iran`s nuclear issue, Xinhua reported.
The IAEA hopes to reach an agreement with Iran that allows inspectors to investigate possible military aspects of Iran`s nuclear programme. The most recent talks between the two parties were held in August. But no agreement was signed.
Iran maintains that its nuclear enrichment programme is for peaceful purposes, the Western world, however, suspects Tehran`s nuclear programme may be intended to produce weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'