Iran confirms resumption of talks with IAEA
Tehran: Iran`s permanent representative to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Ali Asghar Soltanieh has confirmed the resumption of talks with the UN nuclear watchdog, according to Mehr news agency.
On Friday, an IAEA spokesperson announced that its experts and Iran will meet Dec 13 in Tehran for a new round of talks on Iran`s nuclear issue, Xinhua reported.
The IAEA hopes to reach an agreement with Iran that allows inspectors to investigate possible military aspects of Iran`s nuclear programme. The most recent talks between the two parties were held in August. But no agreement was signed.
Iran maintains that its nuclear enrichment programme is for peaceful purposes, the Western world, however, suspects Tehran`s nuclear programme may be intended to produce weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city