Iran court issues indictment for former Prez’s son
Tehran: Tehran Prosecutor General Abbas Jafari-Dolatabadi announced that a 125-page indictment has been issued for Mehdi Hashemi, the son of former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Tehran Times daily reported on Thursday.
Iran`s Judiciary spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejeii had previously said, "As soon as the indictment is issued, efforts will be made to hold the court hearing," according to the report.
Mehdi Hashemi was released from prison on December 17, 2012, on a bail of 100 billion rials (about USD 8,156,606).
He faces charges including inciting unrest in Iran after the Presidential Election in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker