Iran court issues indictment for former Prez’s son
Tehran: Tehran Prosecutor General Abbas Jafari-Dolatabadi announced that a 125-page indictment has been issued for Mehdi Hashemi, the son of former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Tehran Times daily reported on Thursday.
Iran`s Judiciary spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejeii had previously said, "As soon as the indictment is issued, efforts will be made to hold the court hearing," according to the report.
Mehdi Hashemi was released from prison on December 17, 2012, on a bail of 100 billion rials (about USD 8,156,606).
He faces charges including inciting unrest in Iran after the Presidential Election in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea