Iran court issues indictment for former Prez’s son
Tehran: Tehran Prosecutor General Abbas Jafari-Dolatabadi announced that a 125-page indictment has been issued for Mehdi Hashemi, the son of former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Tehran Times daily reported on Thursday.
Iran`s Judiciary spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejeii had previously said, "As soon as the indictment is issued, efforts will be made to hold the court hearing," according to the report.
Mehdi Hashemi was released from prison on December 17, 2012, on a bail of 100 billion rials (about USD 8,156,606).
He faces charges including inciting unrest in Iran after the Presidential Election in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire