Iran court issues indictment for former Prez’s son
Tehran: Tehran Prosecutor General Abbas Jafari-Dolatabadi announced that a 125-page indictment has been issued for Mehdi Hashemi, the son of former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Tehran Times daily reported on Thursday.
Iran`s Judiciary spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejeii had previously said, "As soon as the indictment is issued, efforts will be made to hold the court hearing," according to the report.
Mehdi Hashemi was released from prison on December 17, 2012, on a bail of 100 billion rials (about USD 8,156,606).
He faces charges including inciting unrest in Iran after the Presidential Election in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened