Iran court issues indictment for former Prez’s son
Tehran: Tehran Prosecutor General Abbas Jafari-Dolatabadi announced that a 125-page indictment has been issued for Mehdi Hashemi, the son of former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Tehran Times daily reported on Thursday.
Iran`s Judiciary spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejeii had previously said, "As soon as the indictment is issued, efforts will be made to hold the court hearing," according to the report.
Mehdi Hashemi was released from prison on December 17, 2012, on a bail of 100 billion rials (about USD 8,156,606).
He faces charges including inciting unrest in Iran after the Presidential Election in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani