Iran denies agreement on Arak, Fordow N-sites
Tehran: Tehran and the six world powers have not made any agreement on Iran`s heavy water nuclear power plant of Arak and the underground bunker of Fordow uranium enrichment establishment, a senior Iranian nuclear negotiator said here on Thursday.
"In principle, no agreement has been made on any topics pertaining to the nuclear issues of Iran yet. And the difference over Arak heavy water reactor and Fordow uranium enrichment are still in place," said negotiator Abbas Araqchi.
He was reacting to some media speculations on recent remarks of Wendy Sherman, undersecretary of state for political affairs, who said that in the past six months, Iran and powers have made significant and steady progress on key issues.
"The only criterion for the Islamic republic is the country`s needs and in the course of the talks decisions will be made based on the country`s needs," Araqchi said.
Under an interim deal reached between Iran and the P5+1, including Britain, France, the US, Russia, China and Germany, that went into effect January 20, Iran would suspend some sensitive nuclear activities in exchange for limited sanction relief. The two sides would negotiate over a comprehensive deal within six months.
After six months of negotiations, Iran and the six world powers agreed July 19 to extend their talks until Nov 24, as disagreements remained over Tehran`s uranium enrichment capacity, its Arak heavy water reactor and the sanctions following a 16-day negotiations in Vienna, Austria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet