Iran denies link with Thai blasts, accuses Israel
Tehran: Iran denied any link with explosions in Bangkok and accused "elements linked with the (Israeli) Zionist regime" of being responsible, state TV said on its website on Wednesday.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected "the accusations by the Zionist regime of implication (of Iran)", accusing Israel of "trying to harm the friendly and historic relations between Iran and Thailand”.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran believes that elements of the Zionist regime are responsible for this crime and is prepared to help and cooperate with the Thai government to shed all light on these events," he added.
Mehmanparast noted that Israel`s accusation followed US allegations last October of a Tehran-hatched plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to Washington, and Israeli claims Tehran was behind bomb attempts against Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia on Monday.
He termed both those other accusations "baseless".
Thai authorities were holding two Iranians in connection with a series of explosions in Bangkok yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?