Iran denies link with Thai blasts, accuses Israel
Tehran: Iran denied any link with explosions in Bangkok and accused "elements linked with the (Israeli) Zionist regime" of being responsible, state TV said on its website on Wednesday.
Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast rejected "the accusations by the Zionist regime of implication (of Iran)", accusing Israel of "trying to harm the friendly and historic relations between Iran and Thailand”.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran believes that elements of the Zionist regime are responsible for this crime and is prepared to help and cooperate with the Thai government to shed all light on these events," he added.
Mehmanparast noted that Israel`s accusation followed US allegations last October of a Tehran-hatched plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to Washington, and Israeli claims Tehran was behind bomb attempts against Israeli diplomats in India and Georgia on Monday.
He termed both those other accusations "baseless".
Thai authorities were holding two Iranians in connection with a series of explosions in Bangkok yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway