Iran denies plans to build new nuclear plant
Tehran: The Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI) rejected Thursday an Iranian lawmaker`s remarks stating that the country planned to build a new nuclear plant in the central province of Isfahan, the Press TV reported.
"Reports published by some news agencies on the construction of a new nuclear plant in the country are not true and are, hereby, denied," Xinhua quoted the TV report citing an AEOI statement.
AEOI is the main official body responsible for implementing regulations and operating nuclear energy installations in Iran.
Earlier Thursday, the local Fars news agency quoted Iranian lawmaker Avaz Heidarpour as saying that the country plans to build a new nuclear facility in the central province of Isfahan for civil purposes.
"It will be located in Isfahan province, and will be launched in three years," Heidarpour was quoted as saying.
Though headquartered in northern Amir Abad district in Tehran, AEOI has facilities across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug