Iran denies plans to build new nuclear plant
Tehran: The Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI) rejected Thursday an Iranian lawmaker`s remarks stating that the country planned to build a new nuclear plant in the central province of Isfahan, the Press TV reported.
"Reports published by some news agencies on the construction of a new nuclear plant in the country are not true and are, hereby, denied," Xinhua quoted the TV report citing an AEOI statement.
AEOI is the main official body responsible for implementing regulations and operating nuclear energy installations in Iran.
Earlier Thursday, the local Fars news agency quoted Iranian lawmaker Avaz Heidarpour as saying that the country plans to build a new nuclear facility in the central province of Isfahan for civil purposes.
"It will be located in Isfahan province, and will be launched in three years," Heidarpour was quoted as saying.
Though headquartered in northern Amir Abad district in Tehran, AEOI has facilities across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!