Iran denies role in Israel embassy car bombings
New Delhi: Iran Monday rubbished Israeli accusations about its alleged involvement in attacks on Israeli personnel in India and Georgia, saying they are "untrue and sheer lies."
"Any terrorist attack is condemned (by Iran) and we strongly reject the untrue comments by an Israeli official," Iran`s Ambassador to India Seyed Mehdi Nabizadeh told IRNA, the Iranian news agency. "These accusations are untrue and sheer lies, like previous times."
The Iranian envoy was reacting to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu`s comments blaming alleged terror attacks on "Iran and its client Hezbollah".
Standing behind Monday`s attacks was "Iran, the world`s greatest exporter of terror", Netanyahu said.
"In the last few months we have witnessed several attempts to target Israeli citizens and Jews in a series of countries, such as Azerbaijan and Thailand.
"In all of these cases we were able to thwart these attacks in cooperation with local forces," he said.
A car belonging to the Israeli embassy was gutted after an explosion Monday in a high-security zone in the Indian capital. Four people, including the wife of an Israeli diplomat, were injured, police said.
An attack was foiled in Georgia after an embassy staffer in Tbilisi discovered a bomb underneath his car as he was driving to the embassy Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling