Iran denies role in Israel embassy car bombings
New Delhi: Iran Monday rubbished Israeli accusations about its alleged involvement in attacks on Israeli personnel in India and Georgia, saying they are "untrue and sheer lies."
"Any terrorist attack is condemned (by Iran) and we strongly reject the untrue comments by an Israeli official," Iran`s Ambassador to India Seyed Mehdi Nabizadeh told IRNA, the Iranian news agency. "These accusations are untrue and sheer lies, like previous times."
The Iranian envoy was reacting to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu`s comments blaming alleged terror attacks on "Iran and its client Hezbollah".
Standing behind Monday`s attacks was "Iran, the world`s greatest exporter of terror", Netanyahu said.
"In the last few months we have witnessed several attempts to target Israeli citizens and Jews in a series of countries, such as Azerbaijan and Thailand.
"In all of these cases we were able to thwart these attacks in cooperation with local forces," he said.
A car belonging to the Israeli embassy was gutted after an explosion Monday in a high-security zone in the Indian capital. Four people, including the wife of an Israeli diplomat, were injured, police said.
An attack was foiled in Georgia after an embassy staffer in Tbilisi discovered a bomb underneath his car as he was driving to the embassy Monday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?