Iran denies UN experts access to N-site again
Moscow: Iran has again denied a request by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to allow its experts to visit a suspected nuclear site in the country.
Iranian nuclear officials and a team of IAEA experts met in Tehran Thursday for talks on Iran`s controversial nuclear programme for the first time since August.
Press TV cited Iran`s envoy to the IAEA Ali Soltaniyeh as saying that the sides failed to reach an agreement Thursday over a visit by the experts from the UN nuclear watchdog to the Parchin military base, 30 km from the capital Tehran.
The IAEA suspects Iran of having conducted nuclear tests at the Parchin site. Tehran has dismissed the allegations as "baseless propaganda".
Tehran insists that Parchin is a sensitive military, but non-nuclear, facility and cannot be subject of inspections by the UN nuclear watchdog.
The sides agreed to hold a next round of talks in Tehran Jan 16, 2013.
Western nations and Israel are seeking to persuade Iran to give up its uranium enrichment programme, which they suspect is aimed at producing nuclear weapons. Iran says its nuclear programme is merely designed to generate energy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested