Iran develops new radar system
Tehran: Iran has unveiled a newly developed advanced radar system with high target detection capabilities, according to media reports Wednesday.
"The radar is complementary to the phased array radar system unveiled earlier and its repair and maintenance is very simple," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli, commander of Iran`s Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defence Base, as saying citing Fars news agency.
The radar system, named Arash, boosts the country`s radar power in all the frequency bands and will make the country`s integrated radar network more powerful in any possible electronic war, Esmayeeli said.
"The indigenous Arash radar system will gift an extremely high range to the country`s air defence network using very low energy," he said.
The commander declined to give more information.
In November, Iran unveiled a domestically-manufactured phased array radar system named Asr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?