Iran develops new radar system
Tehran: Iran has unveiled a newly developed advanced radar system with high target detection capabilities, according to media reports Wednesday.
"The radar is complementary to the phased array radar system unveiled earlier and its repair and maintenance is very simple," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli, commander of Iran`s Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defence Base, as saying citing Fars news agency.
The radar system, named Arash, boosts the country`s radar power in all the frequency bands and will make the country`s integrated radar network more powerful in any possible electronic war, Esmayeeli said.
"The indigenous Arash radar system will gift an extremely high range to the country`s air defence network using very low energy," he said.
The commander declined to give more information.
In November, Iran unveiled a domestically-manufactured phased array radar system named Asr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside