Iran develops new radar system
Tehran: Iran has unveiled a newly developed advanced radar system with high target detection capabilities, according to media reports Wednesday.
"The radar is complementary to the phased array radar system unveiled earlier and its repair and maintenance is very simple," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli, commander of Iran`s Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defence Base, as saying citing Fars news agency.
The radar system, named Arash, boosts the country`s radar power in all the frequency bands and will make the country`s integrated radar network more powerful in any possible electronic war, Esmayeeli said.
"The indigenous Arash radar system will gift an extremely high range to the country`s air defence network using very low energy," he said.
The commander declined to give more information.
In November, Iran unveiled a domestically-manufactured phased array radar system named Asr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access