Iran develops new radar system
Tehran: Iran has unveiled a newly developed advanced radar system with high target detection capabilities, according to media reports Wednesday.
"The radar is complementary to the phased array radar system unveiled earlier and its repair and maintenance is very simple," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli, commander of Iran`s Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defence Base, as saying citing Fars news agency.
The radar system, named Arash, boosts the country`s radar power in all the frequency bands and will make the country`s integrated radar network more powerful in any possible electronic war, Esmayeeli said.
"The indigenous Arash radar system will gift an extremely high range to the country`s air defence network using very low energy," he said.
The commander declined to give more information.
In November, Iran unveiled a domestically-manufactured phased array radar system named Asr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city