Iran develops new radar system
Tehran: Iran has unveiled a newly developed advanced radar system with high target detection capabilities, according to media reports Wednesday.
"The radar is complementary to the phased array radar system unveiled earlier and its repair and maintenance is very simple," Xinhua quoted Brigadier General Farzad Esmayeeli, commander of Iran`s Khatam ol-Anbia Air Defence Base, as saying citing Fars news agency.
The radar system, named Arash, boosts the country`s radar power in all the frequency bands and will make the country`s integrated radar network more powerful in any possible electronic war, Esmayeeli said.
"The indigenous Arash radar system will gift an extremely high range to the country`s air defence network using very low energy," he said.
The commander declined to give more information.
In November, Iran unveiled a domestically-manufactured phased array radar system named Asr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police