Iran develops new system to distract missiles
Tehran: Iran has developed a new system to distract ballistic missiles, a military official said.
The new system can prevent missiles from hitting their targets, said Deputy Commander of Iran`s Air Force General Seyyed Mohammad Alavi.
Iran`s Air Force has made great achievements in the production of smart ammunition and long-range weapons. The country will also start mass production of new weapons and ammunition to boost its deterrence, Press TV quoted him as saying.
The new breakthrough was announced by the Iranian Air Force after the country`s military conducted a successful test of its first domestically-built radar-evading drone model on Sunday.
"The drone, due to its physical attributes and the material used in its body, cannot be detected by any radar," Air Force Brigadier General Aziz Nasirzadeh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma