Iran displays blast-hit cars of murdered scientist at NAM
Tehran: Iran on Sunday adopted a unique method to protest the assassinations of its top nuclear scientists by displaying some of the victims` blast-shredded cars at the entrance to the venue in Tehran where the officials from NAM-member states met.
The organisers of the 16th NAM summit placed at least three blast-shredded cars of the murdered nuclear scientists at the main entrance of the venue to protest their killings.
Five Iranian nuclear scientists, including a manager at the Natanz enrichment facility, have been killed since 2010.
Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan, a chemistry expert and director of the Natanz uranium enrichment facility, became the latest victim when he was killed in a bomb attack in January 2012.
Iran has blamed the Israeli spy agency Mossad as well as America`s CIA and Britain`s MI6 for the killings, with support from some of Iran`s neighbours. The US and Britain have denied involvement in the killings. Israel has not commented.
In his opening remarks today, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi urged the NAM countries to support Iran`s "legitimate rights" to nuclear activities.
The officials from 120 NAM member states today met to work on the agenda of the heads-of-state summit to be held on Thursday and Friday.
The killings of Iranian nuclear scientists began with the assassination of Masoud Ali Mohammadi, an Iranian quantum field theorist and elementary-particle physicist. He was killed in January 2010 in front of his home in Tehran.
Iran`s current Vice President and Head of Atomic Energy Organization Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani survived an assassination attempt on November 29, 2010, in Tehran. But a separate bomb attack the same day killed Majid Shahriari, a nuclear engineer who worked with the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot