Iran displays blast-hit cars of murdered scientist at NAM
Tehran: Iran on Sunday adopted a unique method to protest the assassinations of its top nuclear scientists by displaying some of the victims` blast-shredded cars at the entrance to the venue in Tehran where the officials from NAM-member states met.
The organisers of the 16th NAM summit placed at least three blast-shredded cars of the murdered nuclear scientists at the main entrance of the venue to protest their killings.
Five Iranian nuclear scientists, including a manager at the Natanz enrichment facility, have been killed since 2010.
Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan, a chemistry expert and director of the Natanz uranium enrichment facility, became the latest victim when he was killed in a bomb attack in January 2012.
Iran has blamed the Israeli spy agency Mossad as well as America`s CIA and Britain`s MI6 for the killings, with support from some of Iran`s neighbours. The US and Britain have denied involvement in the killings. Israel has not commented.
In his opening remarks today, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi urged the NAM countries to support Iran`s "legitimate rights" to nuclear activities.
The officials from 120 NAM member states today met to work on the agenda of the heads-of-state summit to be held on Thursday and Friday.
The killings of Iranian nuclear scientists began with the assassination of Masoud Ali Mohammadi, an Iranian quantum field theorist and elementary-particle physicist. He was killed in January 2010 in front of his home in Tehran.
Iran`s current Vice President and Head of Atomic Energy Organization Fereydoon Abbasi-Davani survived an assassination attempt on November 29, 2010, in Tehran. But a separate bomb attack the same day killed Majid Shahriari, a nuclear engineer who worked with the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks