Iran doubles capacity at nuclear site: Report
Vienna: Iran has doubled its capacity in an underground uranium enrichment facility, according to a new International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report.
According to this report, the number of centrifuges at the Fordow facility, about 130 km from Tehran, had more than doubled to around 2,000 from around 1,000 in May, said Xinhua citing local media on Thursday.
It also showed that Iran had produced nearly 190 kg of higher-grade enriched uranium since 2010, up from 145 kg in May.
The Western countries suspects Iran is seeking a nuclear weapons capability, an accusation Tehran denies. Iran has asked world powers to recognise its legitimate rights to pursue peaceful nuclear technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video