Iran doubles capacity at nuclear site: Report
Vienna: Iran has doubled its capacity in an underground uranium enrichment facility, according to a new International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report.
According to this report, the number of centrifuges at the Fordow facility, about 130 km from Tehran, had more than doubled to around 2,000 from around 1,000 in May, said Xinhua citing local media on Thursday.
It also showed that Iran had produced nearly 190 kg of higher-grade enriched uranium since 2010, up from 145 kg in May.
The Western countries suspects Iran is seeking a nuclear weapons capability, an accusation Tehran denies. Iran has asked world powers to recognise its legitimate rights to pursue peaceful nuclear technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video