Iran doubles capacity at nuclear site: Report
Vienna: Iran has doubled its capacity in an underground uranium enrichment facility, according to a new International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report.
According to this report, the number of centrifuges at the Fordow facility, about 130 km from Tehran, had more than doubled to around 2,000 from around 1,000 in May, said Xinhua citing local media on Thursday.
It also showed that Iran had produced nearly 190 kg of higher-grade enriched uranium since 2010, up from 145 kg in May.
The Western countries suspects Iran is seeking a nuclear weapons capability, an accusation Tehran denies. Iran has asked world powers to recognise its legitimate rights to pursue peaceful nuclear technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile
- When Varun Dhawan, John Abraham came to Jacqueline Fernandez's rescue—Full story inside
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor