Iran doubles capacity at nuclear site: Report
Vienna: Iran has doubled its capacity in an underground uranium enrichment facility, according to a new International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report.
According to this report, the number of centrifuges at the Fordow facility, about 130 km from Tehran, had more than doubled to around 2,000 from around 1,000 in May, said Xinhua citing local media on Thursday.
It also showed that Iran had produced nearly 190 kg of higher-grade enriched uranium since 2010, up from 145 kg in May.
The Western countries suspects Iran is seeking a nuclear weapons capability, an accusation Tehran denies. Iran has asked world powers to recognise its legitimate rights to pursue peaceful nuclear technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing