Iran doubles capacity at nuclear site: Report
Vienna: Iran has doubled its capacity in an underground uranium enrichment facility, according to a new International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report.
According to this report, the number of centrifuges at the Fordow facility, about 130 km from Tehran, had more than doubled to around 2,000 from around 1,000 in May, said Xinhua citing local media on Thursday.
It also showed that Iran had produced nearly 190 kg of higher-grade enriched uranium since 2010, up from 145 kg in May.
The Western countries suspects Iran is seeking a nuclear weapons capability, an accusation Tehran denies. Iran has asked world powers to recognise its legitimate rights to pursue peaceful nuclear technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test