Iran embellishing nuclear gains: Israel’s Barak
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says Iran`s latest claim of dramatic advancements in its nuclear program is exaggerated but that Tehran`s nuclear pursuits remain a threat.
Defence Minister Ehud Barak told Israel Radio on Thursday that the Iranians are "presenting a situation as better than what it really is”.
Barak dismissed as a "show" the broadcast on Iranian state TV on Wednesday of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad overseeing what was described as the first Iranian-made fuel rod inserted into a research reactor in Tehran.
Barak also says he doubts Iran`s claim that a "new generation" of Iranian centrifuges, used to enrich uranium toward nuclear fuel, had gone into operation.
Iran claims it isn`t seeking an atomic weapon but that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K