Iran embellishing nuclear gains: Israel’s Barak
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says Iran`s latest claim of dramatic advancements in its nuclear program is exaggerated but that Tehran`s nuclear pursuits remain a threat.
Defence Minister Ehud Barak told Israel Radio on Thursday that the Iranians are "presenting a situation as better than what it really is”.
Barak dismissed as a "show" the broadcast on Iranian state TV on Wednesday of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad overseeing what was described as the first Iranian-made fuel rod inserted into a research reactor in Tehran.
Barak also says he doubts Iran`s claim that a "new generation" of Iranian centrifuges, used to enrich uranium toward nuclear fuel, had gone into operation.
Iran claims it isn`t seeking an atomic weapon but that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda