Iran embellishing nuclear gains: Israel’s Barak
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says Iran`s latest claim of dramatic advancements in its nuclear program is exaggerated but that Tehran`s nuclear pursuits remain a threat.
Defence Minister Ehud Barak told Israel Radio on Thursday that the Iranians are "presenting a situation as better than what it really is”.
Barak dismissed as a "show" the broadcast on Iranian state TV on Wednesday of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad overseeing what was described as the first Iranian-made fuel rod inserted into a research reactor in Tehran.
Barak also says he doubts Iran`s claim that a "new generation" of Iranian centrifuges, used to enrich uranium toward nuclear fuel, had gone into operation.
Iran claims it isn`t seeking an atomic weapon but that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery