Iran embellishing nuclear gains: Israel’s Barak
Jerusalem: Israel`s Defence Minister says Iran`s latest claim of dramatic advancements in its nuclear program is exaggerated but that Tehran`s nuclear pursuits remain a threat.
Defence Minister Ehud Barak told Israel Radio on Thursday that the Iranians are "presenting a situation as better than what it really is”.
Barak dismissed as a "show" the broadcast on Iranian state TV on Wednesday of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad overseeing what was described as the first Iranian-made fuel rod inserted into a research reactor in Tehran.
Barak also says he doubts Iran`s claim that a "new generation" of Iranian centrifuges, used to enrich uranium toward nuclear fuel, had gone into operation.
Iran claims it isn`t seeking an atomic weapon but that its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'