Iran, Europeans discuss sanctions
Tehran: Iran`s semiofficial Mehr news agency says six European ambassadors are meeting Iranian officials to discuss the European Union sanctions against Tehran over its nuclear program.
Mehr says envoys from Italy, Spain, France, Greece, Portugal and Netherlands were invited to Iran`s Foreign Ministry on Wednesday.
The report says the talks are focused on EU sanctions, which include a boycott of new oil contracts with Iran.
Iran has strongly denounced the EU action.
Mehr didn`t provide further details. The United States and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister