Iran, Europeans discuss sanctions
Tehran: Iran`s semiofficial Mehr news agency says six European ambassadors are meeting Iranian officials to discuss the European Union sanctions against Tehran over its nuclear program.
Mehr says envoys from Italy, Spain, France, Greece, Portugal and Netherlands were invited to Iran`s Foreign Ministry on Wednesday.
The report says the talks are focused on EU sanctions, which include a boycott of new oil contracts with Iran.
Iran has strongly denounced the EU action.
Mehr didn`t provide further details. The United States and its allies accuse Iran of seeking nuclear weapons, a charge Tehran denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids